[Bf-committers] Meeting in about 3 hours

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 17:37:45 CEST 2016

Hi,

Personally i think Sundays were working much better -- more predictable
schedule, more predicable who's attending those meetings.

Only unfortunate is that it is hassle for Campbell since 16:00 in A-dam is
like 2:00 in the night. We might try finding better time during Sunday
perhaps?

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The thrice-monthly cycle starts again with a LA 10 AM meeting.
> For your time, check https://blendercoders.xyz/
>
> I would like to review this schedule. And either confirm it, or decide on
> another scheme this month.
>
> There is mixed experiences with the new meeting cycle. Several meetings
> even never happened. I miss the continuity, each meeting now is like an
> independent gathering of people - making the decision procedure fuzzy and
> not facilitating progress much.
>
> The meetings were also split to reach out to people in American and Asian
> timezones. I've only seen minimal results of that.
>
> In my opinion the old (Sunday 16h) schedule functioned much better. Even
> though it's not a nice time for the Americas or Asia, at least you always
> knew that there was a weekly review of topics, a weekly check on progress
> and planning, a weekly minutes, and a weekly moment you could attend to
> speak up.
>
> What do you guys think, any better idea? Back to Sundays?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ton-

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin