[Bf-committers] Meeting in about 3 hours

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Jul 9 15:49:20 CEST 2016

Hi all,

The thrice-monthly cycle starts again with a LA 10 AM meeting.
For your time, check https://blendercoders.xyz/

I would like to review this schedule. And either confirm it, or decide on another scheme this month.

There is mixed experiences with the new meeting cycle. Several meetings even never happened. I miss the continuity, each meeting now is like an independent gathering of people - making the decision procedure fuzzy and not facilitating progress much.

The meetings were also split to reach out to people in American and Asian timezones. I've only seen minimal results of that.

In my opinion the old (Sunday 16h) schedule functioned much better. Even though it's not a nice time for the Americas or Asia, at least you always knew that there was a weekly review of topics, a weekly check on progress and planning, a weekly minutes, and a weekly moment you could attend to speak up.

What do you guys think, any better idea? Back to Sundays?

Thanks,

-Ton-