[Bf-committers] What are the plans regarding PBR?

Juan Linietsky reduzio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:35:55 CET 2016

The whole industry is moving to physically based rendering, and suddendly
tools like Substance Painter, Marmoset, Unreal Engine 4, etc.  boomed

Having worked with it, it is safe to say that the current diffuse/specular
model is obsolete.

So my question is, are there any plans for Blender to move to this?
Currently for us, game developers, we need to move our models to
proprietary tools to do texture painting. I know there are a few scripts
for Blender to aid on this, but this is something that needs to be
supported in core.

Cheers!

Juan