[Bf-committers] "Blender, an appraisal from a first time user"

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Jan 6 10:08:12 CET 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the mockup. More people think that adding more info to the splash is helpful, but it clutters our UI more too. Next step is bigger and flashing notifiers to beg for attention?

I believe we can do much better. For example - on first install the Splash can be nearly empty with a clear choice for "Copy my previous settings" and a new "Configure" that leads you to two or three steps to set the environment and defaults. In that flow can also include templates for quick out-of-the-box satisfaction.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute