[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - February 9, 2016
jonathan at cgcookie.com
Tue Feb 9 19:37:29 CET 2016
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net <http://irc.freenode.net/> #blendercoders
1) Targets for 2.77
- Agreed to move to BCon4; bug fix commits only now.
- OpenGL migration from 1.4 to 2.1 is only unclear task left for 2.77
2) Other projects
- Regarding the 2.8 development branch, suggestions made to wait until point of no return, only creating it once we really need it
- Bastian discusses future of FBX in Blender via mailing list: http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-gamedev/2016-February/000583.html
- Suggestions made for adding a Dev Fund banner to the Windows Installer, helping to bring more focus to the dev fund. JuicyFruit will
- Discussions around this years GSOC came up, touching on what went wrong last year and how to improve the application for this year. The main point from Google was a better defined Ideas page
- Nothing to add for 2.8 yet, planning proposals need to be written still for code.blender.org
- Ton asks how everyone likes the new meeting schedule. Most people like it, although it’s a bit confusing, and some miss the weekly Sunday meetings. However, it's more accessible for non-Euro devs.
More information about the Bf-committers