[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - February 9, 2016

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 20:14:34 CET 2016

Missed the first few minutes of today's meeting, wanted to clarify point 1).

The migration to OpenGL 2.1 is in some sense complete. Lots of code was
updated to reflect the new 2.1 baseline. There are fewer checks for
functionality & fewer workarounds which should result in tiny speedups
throughout. And (my favorite) ARB shaders for smoke were replaced by a
*better* implementation in GLSL.

Not everything is GLSL and VBOs yet, but those are not required for GL 2.1
compliance. Still plenty to do for 2.78 :)

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire