[Bf-committers] Introduction

Aaron Carlisle carlisle.aaron00 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 03:36:55 CET 2016

> 1. Do I modify the files here (c:\blender-git\blender\source) and check
> stuff in from here? What happens to it anyways?

That is the main location of the source files. After making a change you
must recompile
to see your change. It would also be helpful for bigger changes to make in
a local branch.
If you read the getting started information, though out dated a little,
will help a lot. [1]
Another good resource is #blendercoders on IRC freenode.

> 2. How often do you update, (getting the latest copy from the version
> control)?

Blender is developed very rapidly so at least once a day depending on how
rapidly you are making your changes.

1. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Contents