[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting, 2016 08 21

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Aug 21 17:44:59 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 14:00 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.78 release

- Release notes in progress
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.78

- There's a first testbuild available:
http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.78/
Known issues with testbuild:
  * OS X version seems to crash on start with Ndof. Not ready yet.
  * Build does not include the new 2D Stabilize feature yet

- Brendon Murphy reports that the Add-on release notes are ready:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.78/Add-ons

- 2d stabilize docs, WIP:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.78/More_Features

- This week a new test build needs to be made. A week later we could do
the Release Candidate.

2) Other projects and 2.8

- Bastien Montagne added a "BF Blender:2.8 project" on tracker, which we can use
for tasks and design reviews.
https://developer.blender.org/project/view/74/

- Blender Foundation/Institute is in the process of hiring new part time or
full time developers:
https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2016-August/047620.html

3) GSoC

- Final student reports are expected within 2 days!
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2016

- A week later the mentors should have filled in final reports.

Thanks,

-Ton-