[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2016

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Apr 23 11:41:45 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Google granted Blender Foundation 10 projects this year.
The projects are:

 Student name (nick), Project title, Mentor

- Joao Araujo, Beziers Curve editing, Nathan Letwory
- Julian Eisel (Severin), Layer manager, Ton Roosendaal
- Kairong Jiang (Inlinebool), Sculpting Tools, Campbell Barton
- Lukas Stockner, Cycles Denoising, Sergey Sharybin
- Nathan Vollmer, BVH vertex painting, Bastien Montagne
- Peter Cassetta, Python Package Manager, Sybren Stüvel
- Philipp Gosch (SaphireS), UV Tools, Howard Trickey
- Thomas Dinges (Dingto), Cycles Textures improvements, Ton Roosendaal
- Tianwei Shen, Multi-view Camera reconstruction, Sergey Sharybin
- Sebastian Barschkis (Sebbas), Manta Fluids, Nils Thuerey

In the coming days we will ask all students to create their own home page in wiki, and post the proposal there. Please mark this url as dashboard for progress and reports:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2016

Also consider to join the mailing list where students will report to and where we can discuss their work.Artists are very welcome too, to discuss features and design, and to help validating or with demos and docs.

Good luck students, it's going to be a great summer!

-Ton-