[Bf-committers] mac OSX 10.10.5 and Xcode 7 cmake fix

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:46:22 CEST 2015

Levon, is the OSX and new XCode officially released or they're still on the
beta state?

In any case, the patch lacks two things:

- SCons needs support of new XCode as well
- The patch moves requirenment for a new CMake from 14.0 to 14.5

Campbell, don't think we really looked into making XCode detection smarter
in CMake. It's probably possible, but to me patch is good enough (apart
form two points raised above).

I would be conservative here storngly suggest not doing more global changes
here unless it's done by someone who actually uses the platform, ready to
solve regressions and so on.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This is problematic (not your patch, that its checking for exact OSX
> versions in the first place).
>
> This means you can't build older Blender versions on a new system,
> which is needed for bisecting.
> At least not easily, without manually editing the CMakeLists.txt file each
> step.
>
> Did anyone look into using CMake's ability to detect the SDK on OSX?
>
> It looks like this is supported:
>
> -
> https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Modules/Platform/Darwin-Initialize.cmake#L72
> - http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.3/variable/CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT.html
>
> Of course the patch can be applied, but would prefer if this
> workaround could be avoided altogether.
>
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Levon <levonh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Overnight my computer auto updated to OSX 10.10.5 (from 10.10.4) and to
> > Xcode 7.0. even though auto updates were turned off.
> >
> > OSX 10.10.5 and xcode 7.0 introduce a new SDK version of 10.11 which
> > src/blender/CMakeLists.txt is not aware of.
> >

> > Fortunately uname -r reports the system as 14.5 now.
> >
> > patch to fix it.
> >
> > https://developer.blender.org/differential/diff/5081/
> >
> > Levon
>

> --