[Bf-committers] mac OSX 10.10.5 and Xcode 7 cmake fix

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 09:49:52 CEST 2015

This is problematic (not your patch, that its checking for exact OSX
versions in the first place).

This means you can't build older Blender versions on a new system,
which is needed for bisecting.
At least not easily, without manually editing the CMakeLists.txt file each step.

Did anyone look into using CMake's ability to detect the SDK on OSX?

It looks like this is supported:

- https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Modules/Platform/Darwin-Initialize.cmake#L72
- http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.3/variable/CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT.html

Of course the patch can be applied, but would prefer if this
workaround could be avoided altogether.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Levon <levonh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Overnight my computer auto updated to OSX 10.10.5 (from 10.10.4) and to
> Xcode 7.0. even though auto updates were turned off.
>
> OSX 10.10.5 and xcode 7.0 introduce a new SDK version of 10.11 which
> src/blender/CMakeLists.txt is not aware of.
>

> Fortunately uname -r reports the system as 14.5 now.
>
> patch to fix it.
>
> https://developer.blender.org/differential/diff/5081/
>
> Levon

- Campbell