[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender deveoper meeting notes - October 4, 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Oct 4 17:05:27 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

1) Blender 2.76 release

- 2.76 RC3 is out now. There were too many fixes to justify a release still.
http://www.blender.org/download/

- The list of RC3 fixes are only available as email to the bf-committers list
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2015-September/045957.html

(We could use help from someone to convert the raw list to an easier to digest text for release log).

- Showstopper "Particle info node bug" gets handled tomorrow by Campbell Barton.

2) The 2.77 release... and 2.8 work, when would that happen?

- Several ongoing targets could pop up in the coming month(s), so we might want to make a 2.77 then:
  OpenVDB, OpenSubdiv, Asset browsing, new depsgraph, ...

- Proposal (no objections sofar): let's keep the schedule relaxed for two months, and wait until the
first meeting of December to define the 2.77 release targets. That will also give us time to contemplate
on ideas and designs for 2.8 and to prepare for a fruitful Blender Conference.

Laters,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute