[Bf-committers] Problem appending shot with proxied objects

Smells Like Donkey contact at smellslikedonkey.com
Mon Nov 16 17:16:01 CET 2015

I’m looking at a problem that my clients are having. Basically when appending shots with linked and proxied objects, the proxies are losing their links. This started in 2.75 - 2.74 is okay.

I have traced the code to id_clear_lib_data. Is there any reason why the function id_clear_lib_data clears proxies on objects? Specifically this code:

	if (GS(id->name) == ID_OB) {
		Object *object = (Object *)id;
		if (object->proxy_from != NULL) {
			object->proxy_from->proxy = NULL;
			object->proxy_from->proxy_group = NULL;
		}
		object->proxy = object->proxy_from = object->proxy_group = NULL;
	}

If I comment this out then it appears to work for our case. The code for this function in 2.74 did not do anything to proxies at all.

Thanks,
Tod.

P.S. Bugs: https://developer.blender.org/T46731 and https://developer.blender.org/T46756