[Bf-committers] Generic Drag&drop for Importers?
gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sun May 17 11:37:30 CEST 2015
@Campbell Yes, you are right. I changed the e-mail Subject.
On 17.05.2015 01:51, Campbell Barton wrote:
> @Gaia, the original post wasn't clear that (I think) you meant.
> generic drag&drop [for importers].
What about a brain dead simple "path drag&drop" ?
Example for .obj:
- in blender open the Obj file importer
- in the file browser select a file (e.g.: abc.obj)
- then drag the file onto the blender importer
- Now the filepath and the filename in blender will be set accordingly.
- All the rest of the import remains as usual
The same could work with cut&paste.
The Benefits which i see:
- User does not need to use the Blender file importer navigation
- User specifies which importer to use (no automatic search)
- Import options can be modified in the import operator panel
More information about the Bf-committers