[Bf-committers] this one is important

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:21:56 CET 2015

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 3:42 AM, Alan Armour <aarmour at cipmail.org> wrote:
> we need to have some kind of audio framework thats cross platform in
> assembly or c so we can write really nice custom guis and stuff for
> synthesizers! audio synthesizers with super low latency audio under blender
> is good.
>
> and even blender recording studio would be nice.
> and do dsp tutorials for guitars
> and the analog(line) in
>
> and vocoder/dsp for usb microphones
>
> model some guitar amps too!
> make sure to model tube amps and make detailed tutorials so that everyone
> can model amps.
>
> you can even do stuff like hydrogen if you like
>
> there are some cool instruments like soviet polivock!
>
> and like rokton uds
>
> and MFOS music from outer space
>
> and do like tb-303 tr-606 mc-909
>
> do tutorials on this stuff so that everyone can write synths.
>
> itll rock

Blender's audio support is mainly to support an animation/vfx pipeline
- playback of audio with video is needed for lip-syncing for example.

As for more advanced synth/music composition, there are many existing
audio-synth apps out there. I don't think it makes sense for Blender
to attempt to become advanced in this field.