[Bf-committers] remote controll blender renderer renderfarm / queue

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 12:49:08 CET 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Robert Grah <smilingmolecule at web.de> wrote:
> Hey Campbell,
>
> thanks for your answer.
> It worked out quite well so far. Only two things are strange.
> The Python script gets started after the rendering and my commandline render result path gets ignored.
> Any ideas how i can change this?
>

> Seems that I maybee should start Blender in the background and let the python script do the other actions.

Arguments are executed in the order given, so you could do,

blender --background my.blend --python my.py --render-anim  -- custom args

But typically you wont want to render if the Python script has some
exception mid-way,
so you can call the render operator from the script:

  bpy.ops.render.render(animation=True)

Heres an example rendering from a script & command line (uses blender
as a batch image processor):
https://gitlab.com/ideasman42/batch-compo/tree/master