[Bf-committers] remote controll blender renderer renderfarm / queue

Robert Grah smilingmolecule at web.de
Thu Mar 12 23:19:33 CET 2015

Hey Campbell,

thanks for your answer.
It worked out quite well so far. Only two things are strange.
The Python script gets started after the rendering and my commandline render result path gets ignored.
Any ideas how i can change this?

Seems that I maybee should start Blender in the background and let the python script do the other actions.

---- Ein Do, 12 Mrz 2015 12:36:47 +0100 Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> hat geschrieben ----

For open-movies we typically launch Blender with a Python script and
pass extra command line arguments that the script can use (after
"--"), see: http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/6817

The command line options are intentionally kept quite basic since
there are so many things you *might* want to do, it doesn't make much
sense to start exposing large parts of the Python API as command line
args.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 9:01 PM, Robert Grah <smilingmolecule at web.de> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I hope this is the right place to ask my question.
> I am searching for some information regarding the communicating with the Blender renderer or Blender in general from other software or scripts.
> I am not sure what possibilities I have and what is the best way is to remote control Blender from the outside to let Blender for example manage render tasks.
>

> I discovered so far that I have the following possibilities to communicate with Blender:
>

> Via commandline arguments. (seems very restricted)
> Via Python scripts which can be loaded when starting Blender over the command prompt.
>

> Is there more?
>

> I basically want to start understanding the whole render queue / renderfarm thing. So that I maybe can commit code to Sheep-it, Flamenco or Blender for example in the future.
> I am also searching for general theories about how to build a render farm infrastructure. What approaches are existing? What solutions are used for the Blender movies.
>

> Maybe someone can point me to good resources about this. I had no real success so far finding good info.
>

> I hope my questions are not to naive.
>

> Cheers,
> Robert

- Campbell