[Bf-committers] Problem with Open Source ATI drivers on Linux

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 10:15:49 CET 2015

Hi,

As a temporary solution (for until workaround is found in blender side or
upstream drivers are fixed) you can use blender-softwaregl script from the
official archives from blender.org. It'll switch blender to software OpenGL
mode, likely eliminating the issue you're having/ But it could have some
negative affect on the performance.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:

> Hey Damir,
>
> You can bother developers all the time! Just try to find the right medium
> for it. We have a lot of channels where a lot of different things are being
> handled.
>
> On the blender website you can find more info.
> http://www.blender.org/get-involved/developers/
>
> This list is for discussions about coding on Blender - right. No reason to
> apologize.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Ton-

> Ton Roosendaal  -  ton at blender.org   -   www.blender.org
> Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
> Entrepotdok 57A  -  1018AD Amsterdam  -  The Netherlands
>

> On 9 Feb, 2015, at 7:08, Damir Prebeg wrote:
>
> > My biggest apologies for bothering developers with this issue. Won't
> > happen again.
> >
> > On 8 February 2015 at 22:36, Antony Riakiotakis <kalast at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> If you can't see this in other systems/GPUs with the same version of
> >> blender then it's likely that it's a driver issue. Not seeing the
> >> issue in 2.72 is an indication that this is a bug. It's hard to say
> >> here for certain, but such discussions should always go to the bug
> >> tracker - we can investigate there instead of mailing every person on
> >> this list.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin