[Bf-committers] Why SpaceNodeEditor is a bpy_struct? Was: Why is SceneRenderLayer a bpy_struct?

Francesc Juhe fjuhec at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 21:33:36 CEST 2015

Hi,

Reading this I remembered I wanted to create my own shader types for a custom NodeTree and found that shader type is a property of SpaceNodeEditor which is also a bpy_struct.

Can I propose that Space or SpaceNodeEditor are considered for a promotion to ID from bpy_struct so they can be expanded with custom properties? I know this can be worked around by creating more custom NodeTrees but it’s a bit cumbersome.

Cheers,
Francesc