[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting, October 5, 2014

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Oct 5 17:54:54 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

1) Release review

- The 2.72 release is now official! We even have a release log on blender.org:
  http://www.blender.org/features/2-72/
  Special thanks to Marco Ardito!

- Still open to do credit list (I will do), and a readable list of relevant bugs (for users of 2.71 to know).

2) Targets for 2.72

- The current planning:
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Fracture modifier: has its own branch: http://git.blender.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi/blender.git/shortlog/refs/heads/fracture_modifier

- Thomas Dinges reminds everyone about his proposal to make Cycles as default.
  He'd need help to finish the missing bits for it.

3) Other projects

- Four of our frequent coders have gathered in the studio of Blender Institute now.
  Read the first report - the discussions on the targets we'll be working on:
  http://gooseberry.blender.org/development-targets-for-gooseberry/

- We need more help with patch review and bug tracker triaging... maybe inspire people via a Development Fund grant?

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute