[Bf-committers] Windows platform things to do before 2.73

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Tue Nov 25 18:55:08 CET 2014

Hi all,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 02:49:15PM +0100, Martijn Berger wrote:
> - getting rid of the launcher.
>   On windows we have a binary launcher that exists only to set an
>   OPENMP related environment variable.
>   I would like to get rid of this again in favour of setting it in
>   the short-cut or setting the variable globally during install.
>   Also we could and should check for this in the "System Info".

I would like to see this. Right now there are issues on Windows 7 and
newer, where the launcher and taskbar are integrated. The "launching"
exe and the "running" exe aren't the same then, which confuses Windows
Explorer.

As Thomas also pointed out, setting the environment variable in a
different way may not play nicely with the ZIP version of Blender,
though. Since those aren't installed but just unpacked, the OPENMP
envvar won't be set when someone double-clicks the exe.

Cheers,
--
Sybren A. Stüvel

http://stuvelfoto.nl/