[Bf-committers] Artists guide for "Building Blender on Windows"

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:29:07 CET 2014

How to reconfigure an existing git install is outside the scope of
Blender's docs (the git installer & docs should handle that).

The point about git not being in your PATH is important,
Ideally you should be able to follow the build  instructions page from
top to bottom and come out with a working Blender build.
(thats how we setup the Linux build docs at least).

I've re-structured the MSVC build docs to include a dependencies
section (which used to be a separate page called 'Environment').

The contents in this section still needs work though:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Windows/msvc/CMake#Install_the_dependencies

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM, Jacob Merrill
<blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Say you were installing git , and when it asked for a location, you walked
> away and your daughter chose C: ...... how can I undo that? Uninstalling
> and reinstalling Git  did not help...
> On Nov 21, 2014 3:08 PM, "Jacob Merrill" <blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you btw.
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Gaia <gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org>
> wrote:
>>>
>>> It should be more clear now.
>>> I forgot to mention that you have to fetch the sources
>>> from within the Git Bash window.

- Campbell