[Bf-committers] Bring back Grease Pencil in Sequencer

David Fenner d4vidfenner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 23:19:21 CET 2014

Hi!! Amazing work!! The grease pencil is so underestimated by many, so
useful!! Been wondering how much of a priority it is that we can also
preview the grease pencil layers that are present in 3d view, but in the
sequencer. Right now the grease pencil in the viewport is probably the best
3d storyboard/animatic/layout tool in the market, but it is such a shame
that it gets left out of the non-render animatic workflow (editing scenes),
specially since is enchances layout scenes so much! Not having to opengl
render out the shots with grease pencil is too good to be left out. I know
the grease pencil can be used in the sequencer directly, but that halves
its great 3d storyboard / animatic potential, specially now with all the
grease pencil development and tools. We really need the camera afected
grease pencil strokes previewed in the sequencer to see the full
storyboard/animatic/layout potential of the grease pencil.
Thanks!!

David.