[Bf-committers] GSoC 2014 Aspirant: Implementation of a Pyramid Primitive in Blender

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 19:42:05 CET 2014

> If it's a pyramid it should have it's own create method

I don't agree...

We could duplicate the current "cone" code, call it "pyramid", and restrict
it to 3 or 4 sides only. But that would be incorrect because a pyramid can
have any number of sides. So then "cone" and "pyramid" would be identical.
 Hmmm... that's because they are basically the same things.

We could rename our "cone" to "pyramid" or to "Cone / Pyramid" or people
can just get used to the difference in terminology. But having two items in
the list doing the same job with different names seems silly...

Harley