[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - March 2, 2014

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 07:49:07 CET 2014

Note that splash now shows 'Testing' after the version number,
this will be replaced with 'Release Candidate', then removed, then
replaced with 'a' if we must :)
just enabled this so any glitches can be found sooner then later.

Commit:
https://developer.blender.org/rB0e47e29823a9b8ca338aead436668745d1a4eb56

Posting here because the commit mail didn't go through (server issues :S).

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 2:56 AM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here are the notes of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
>
> 1) Blender 2.70 release candidate
>
> - This week we'll do the 2.70 RC. Build 'ahoy' will be done wednesday.
>
> - Remember: we now make 'release candidates' complete with splash and correct release number, as if it's a real release. Git 'master' gets copied to an release branch, where bug fixes will be ported to for the final release.
> That means that within a day after the 'Ahoy' development can continue as usual.
>
> - Brecht van Lommel and Campbell Barton coordinate release and logs.
>
> - Sergey Sharybin will do the git branching & tagging magic.
>
> - Ton Roosendaal will provide a splash, made by the Gooseberry project.
>
> - For now: only total crucial fixes, also no UI label changes (for translations).
>
> - Python Numpy module will only be in Linux/OSX builds. Windows NumPy compiling has issues to tackle still. Martijn Berger will do an attempt to get it solved though.
>
> - Campbell proposes to include the Python 'requests' module (to handle http). This is needed to make the add-on from SketchFab to work, but it's a generic module useful for everyone.
>
> Laters,
>
> -Ton-

- Campbell