[Bf-committers] Vertex weights access in cycles?

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 01:50:56 CEST 2014

I saw that earlier, but never got it working. After some more
investigation, it seems nothing happens unless the "color" option is
enabled (which converted the vertex weight of 1 to red vertex colors)..
For my case, this was correctable (I was expecting a b/w map) by
separating the rgb channels in material nodes.

Very useful addon, thanks for making it :)

I still wouldn't mind vertex weight access in cycles though, as it would
eliminate the extra conversion step.
On 06/24/14 16:32, k k wrote:
> You can use my Weights to Vertex Colors addon
>
> http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?290390-Weights-to-Vertex-Colors-addon

> 24.06.2014, 18:23, "gandalf3" <zzyxpaw at gmail.com>:
>> AFAIK you can't use vertex colors to control the wireframe modifier.
>>
>> I don't know of any way to convert vertex weights to vertex colors (or
>> vice versa) without python..
>>
>> On 06/24/14 15:40, Hadrien Brissaud wrote:
>>>   Hi,
>>>
>>>   I believe you can use vertex colors for this.
>>>
>>>   Hadrien

-gandalf3