[Bf-committers] Particle polygonizer

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 08:32:10 CEST 2014

This would be totally awesome :D
I've been waiting for this feature for a long time...

There were some projects to do this, but they all seem pretty dead now.
Most were just python addons IIRC, but there was this one which was
implemented in C: http://pfs.planetblender.org/

Here's a link to a list of links to papers which was posted to this
mailing list back when the above patch was in development:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2011-March/030852.html

Some of the python implementations:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?233619-Particle-Fluid-Tools-v0.3.1-Particle-Mesher
(also see http://bwide.wordpress.com/scripts/particle-fluid-tools/)
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?255694-Addon-Mesh-from-particles

And a related BA thread:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?276416-Blender-Particle-Fluids-Surface-Polygonizer

Hope these links are useful :)

On 06/11/14 23:03, Matthew Reid wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm new to the blender dev community and would like to help out by
> improving blender's physics sim tools.
>
> >From reading the wiki, it looks like there's a need for a particle
> polygonizer tool which produces surface meshes from particle systems. I'd
> like to implement this if no one is currently working on it.
>
> FYI here's a reel of some of my previous graphics R&D projects:
> https://vimeo.com/65486890
>
> Cheers
> Matt

-gandalf3