[Bf-committers] More wiki tweaks...

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 04:10:34 CEST 2014

Hi,

Yet again the wiki went down today, this time with a 500 which appeared to
be a result of a the single backend of fast-cgi dying (a test we tried a
few days ago in case of thread issues).

This time I tried to increase the backend count back to something a little
higher with a quicker turn over on the child threads, as it would appear
something in the ancient PHP/MW code is crashing.

I also created a my.cnf for mysql instead of using the stock settings
(normally this is done, but was accidentally skipped by Sergey as he didn't
know). Hopefully this helps get even more pressure off of the wiki and
avoid hitting the queue limits. I make no promises though :)

Anyway, sorry for all the hassles! I will try keep an eye on it for a bit
tonight and also watch MySQL, and probably restart it a few times to tweak
some performance settings after it's been running for a while. Please mind
any database errors if you happen to visit a page while I'm restarting
stuff.

Cheers o/

Dan