[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting, January 26, 2014
ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 26 17:22:07 CET 2014
Here's the notes from today's meeting in #blendercoders, irc.freenode.net.
1) Blender 2.70 projects
- Current schedule (not changed since last week)
- Tabs! Jonathan Williamson summarised status of tabs. After lots of discussion throughout the week seems many people can agree on a couple things:
1) tabs should be workflow based when possible.
2) user should switch tabs minimally.
3) panels within tabs should fit nicely on a 1080p monitor.
He also updated tab doc, showing the larger picture for other UI work too:
One of the most complex ones, Editmode tabs review:
Meeting agrees with moving on adding tabs (following current design proposal) in 2.70.
- Tamito Kajiyama had positive feedback from core Freestyle users about the new Python API for Freestyle - which will break older scripts. Goes to 'git master' this week.
- Jonathan Williamson's keymap project (a new choice next to maya/max etc):
Question: is this acceptable to add in BCon3 still? Might be better 2.71? Final answer next week.
2) Other projects
- Sebastian Koenig shows error in mask rasterizing when mask-curves overlap. Anyone around to solve this well?
- Tamito works on Freestyle textured strokes:
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers