[Bf-committers] UTF-8 character in string in interface_widgets.c doesn't compile

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 04:44:13 CET 2014

Looks like its possible to tell MSVC that files are utf8, but not so
simple to do globally (each file needs some pragma or utf8 BOM), since
we don't have these everywhere, simple to do as you suggest and escape
the char array.

Committed https://developer.blender.org/rB002b2c15418c36b99a4a7fa9f5d220dded818bb7

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 4:57 AM, panjz <acme_pjz at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> I found that the UTF-8 character "…" in string in source/blender/editors/interface/interface_widgets.c doesn't compile under MSVC2008 (Simplified Chinese edition), because the default code page isn't UTF-8, but CP936. I changed it to "\xE2\x80\xA6" (the hard-coded UTF-8 representation of "…") then it compiled. Can you adopt this code change?

- Campbell