[Bf-committers] Patch to allow recording of static objects in game engine

James Yonan james at openvpn.net
Sun Sep 8 18:51:17 CEST 2013

Can this patch be considered for inclusion in 2.69?  All feedback has
been incorporated, and the patch has been in the field for several
months (applied to 2.68a) with no known issues.

https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=35183&group_id=9&atid=127

I'm going to be hosting a Blender club at my son's elementary school,
and we need this patch, otherwise we can't record the animation of
static objects that are controlled by logic bricks, which means that we
can't do cool stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yltDGgW4jd0

One could argue that this is a bug fix, since the capability to record
the animation of static objects existed in previous blender versions (<
2.60) and was removed without explanation.

James