[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes - September 8, 2013
ton at blender.org
Sun Sep 8 17:23:10 CEST 2013
Here are the notes of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders
1) 2.69 release status
- Release targets:
- LOD for Game Engine review; Brecht van Lommel contacts Mitchell Stokes and Joerg Mueller. He volunteers to help reviewing this week.
- Bastien Montagne works on splitting normals for OBJ export. See more here:
- Sergey Sharybin and Brecht have been working on film response curves, a large list of presets which you might apply as a part of CM pipeline will be added.
- All attention further should go to the bug tracker!
2) Other projects
- Sergey worked on a new lock free malloc for Blender, allowing to build releases without the "guarded" allocation feature Blender has (reporting overwrites, leaks, etc). It should result in much faster memory allocation, especially for use in threads. Is being reviewed and gets applied in his Summer of Code branch.
3) Google Summer of Code
- Ton Roosendaal reminds all students to get their wiki docs updated! In a week is "soft pencils down". A week later final evaluations will happen.
- Alexander Kuznetsov explained a bit what he's doing for Sequencer now. Most work went to the internal sequencer engine. He'll make sure svn is testable for others this week.
- Sergey proposes to open a staging branch now, for students to merge work in for everyone to have a go with their work. Ton will check on the SoC mailing list which students will participate.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers