[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [60875] tags/blender-2.69-release/blender: svn merge ^/trunk/blender -c60755 -c60766 -c60792 -c60796

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 15:26:46 CEST 2013

I would strictly recommend stop backporting fixes for a not-a-regression
but to release branch. 60774 is a fix for 36905 which is not a regression.
It is NOT to be merged.

And strictly speaking 60766 should have not been merged. Not as if is to be
reverted, but next time one merged not-a-regression fix to release branch
he'll get kicked. Seriously, we can not fix all the bugs in release, we
could only fix regressions. And having bunch of changes happening after tag
just makes things more complicated.

Also the fact that we've got a regression in RC2 comparing to RC1 (#37100)
needs to be investigated further. I would not expect regressions in RC(N)
comparing to RC(N-1).

Assuming that Shinsuke mentioned 2 more revisions (even one-liner) to be
merged, i would call it RC3 today, NOT a release.

Brecht, do you agree with having RC3 today?

P.S. Splash is to be changed again it seems.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Thomas Dinges <blender at dingto.org> wrote:

> My point here is, that we agreed on doing proper proper Release
> Candidates and Release now.
> I don't mind a small one-liner, in this case we could risk it.
>
> But since  RC2 we had 60845, 60871 and 60875 with backports...also not
> all of them seem to be really showstopper bugs?
>
> I know we have a lot to handle this week, but I see no reason to rush
> the release. If we can't handle it properly this week, do it next week.
>
> Am 21.10.2013 14:57, schrieb Thomas Dinges:
> > Yesterday we talked about just 1 or 2 one-liners, and now it's getting
> > more.
> > In this case we maybe should consider doing a RC3...
> >
> > Also, we should only backport regressions. Is 60774 a regression?
> >
> > Am 21.10.2013 14:41, schrieb Antony Riakiotakis:
> >> Hey Campbell, could you merge 60774 as well?

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin