[Bf-committers] Helper git hooks

Julien RIVAUD (_FrnchFrgg_) frnchfrgg at free.fr
Tue Nov 26 18:28:20 CET 2013

Le 26/11/2013 17:59, Sergey Sharybin a écrit :
> Crap could happen after the review when using `arc land` to push
> reviewed patch.

Arcanist would be a braindead tool then; pushing commits should never
ever change them ! Of course, people could always do a commit --amend
before pushing, or even put the Acked-By by hand even if they didn't
really get proper review, but... I also think that the flag should be a
new ad-hoc flag, as Merge-Acked-By or Submodule-Acked-By, to avoid
normally reviewed patches to include mistakes; it is so easy to have a
patch reviewed with "Review+ if you change this" and the submitter to do
the change, include the Reviewed-By: header and push (with agreement of
the reviewer) but then with a mistake that was never seen.

Anyway, I am just outlining what is possible in the unlikely case you
didn't think of such possibilities; Blender will chose its workflows and
policies and I'm nobody to force some upon you.

_FrnchFrgg_