[Bf-committers] Git commit issues

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Nov 21 18:02:32 CET 2013

Hi all,

It seems we are all still learning how to work with Git, and it's
being complicated more by problems with git submodules that seem to
not be behaving like we want them to.

When pushing changes, please carefully read the instructions here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Tools/Git#How_to_push_changes

In particular, always do a "git log" and "git show" to verify that
what you are about to push is indeed what you intend to push, and that
it follows commit log guidelines.

Regarding issues with git submodules, we are looking into this, and
tracking the status here:
http://developer.blender.org/T37528

If they are giving too much trouble now, consider doing a git clone
without any of the submodule commands so that they don't interfere.

Thanks,
Brecht.