[Bf-committers] How Merge master changes into remote branch

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Nov 20 10:04:09 CET 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Daniel Tavares
<danielmtavares at gmail.com> wrote:
> git merge master

This answer is indeed nearly all you need to do, but let me expand on
it a bit. When you do "git clone" you are in fact getting all branches
(that's intentional). So with this clone you have you can switch
between branches quickly with:

git checkout master
git checkout soc-2013-sketch_mesh

To merge master into your branch you would just do this in your
soc-2013-sketch_mesh branch:

git merge master

Next you might need to resolve conflicts, it should guide you through
solving those if they happen. When the merge is done and you've tested
it still builds and works fine, you can push your branch with:

git push origin soc-2013-sketch_mesh

You will need to set up commit access for that, see the docs here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Tools/Git#Commit_Access