[Bf-committers] Simple Deform modifier setting removed?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 17:02:53 CET 2013

This is intentional, having modifiers use absolute coordinates is
unusual and weak design - it means you can't take an object and move
it to a new location without it changing in some way.

If you need a modifier to reference some location (0/0/0 in this
case), just add an empty object here and reference it from the
modifier's origin.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Linus Wiklander
<linus.wiklander at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed that the 'Relative' checkbox on the Simple Deform modifier is
> missing in 2.69 (It's still there in 2.68a)
> I didn't read anything about it in the release log, so I was thinking of
> reporting this as a bug, but it didn't feel like a bug, so I ask here
> instead.
>
> This breaks a lot of files for me, so I wonder if removing it was
> intentional and if there is an easy way to emulate unchecking it on many
> objects.
>
> If it was intentional, it would also be interesting to hear the reason :)
>
> Kind regards
> Linus

- Campbell