[Bf-committers] Git svn wisdom for newcomers

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu May 30 00:05:01 CEST 2013

It's good to remember that the "official" page is outdated, so it's good to
have new info like yours:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Git

> unfortunately only available on linux currently.
It works in  OSX too (arguably linux, anyways, just to be clear).

The other nice thing of git svn is that once you go with git you can use
github or gitorious with no problems.
I'm actually currently keeping a branch in github that I pull from a
gitorious blender mirror.
It took me some time to get everything sorted out, but after that, it's
really nice to work.

Part of my git workflow is described here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Dfelinto#Git

Regards,
Dalai

--