[Bf-committers] Blender Developer meeting notes - May 19, 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun May 19 17:18:33 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Here's a summary of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders:

1) Release 2.67a issues

- Saturday showstoppers were fixed! Tomorrow EU daytime we call for release builds.

- The list of 100+ bugs that made it to 2.67a so-far:
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.67a

- Well, even when we're a bit sloppy, we do fix it :)

- Lessons to be learnt:
  - Better testing! People still don't use or try the Release Candidates enough.
  - More strictly respect our "BCon" schedule. During BCon3 commits should be reviewed and only concern work on approved projects, bug fixes, or urgent maintenance.
  - We could switch to a different cycle, with odd (unstable) and even (stable)?
  - Regression .blend file collection could need update. Need someone to coordinate.

2) 2.68 targets

- Candidate list:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Campbell Barton has some misc Mesh tool improvements too, not listed yet.

- Martin Felke: his proposal for Explode Modifier was reviewed by Sergej Reich, wont be ready for 2.68. Blender just has shortcomings that better be solved first, makes such modifier much better.

- Added to targets list: Cycles GPU hair render (in svn), new hair shaders.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute