[Bf-committers] Patch to allow recording of static objects in game engine

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed May 1 11:32:53 CEST 2013

Hi James,
Could you upload the patch in the blender tracker?
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?atid=127&group_id=9&func=browse

It's better to discuss eventual changes there
(and an example file there would help as well).

My only concern with the patch (and we are better off discussing that in
the tracker) is that I would probably have a m_animate property
(instead of objprop.m_static_animate).
This way we don't need to check IsDynamyc() inside RecordAnimation().

That also means that if you have a dynamic object and temporary disable its
Dynamics (via logic bricks) the object will still has its movements
recorded, which I think it's reasonable (it may already happen, not sure if
the actuator affects the result of IsDynamic() - too late now for me to
check the code ;).

Nice video by the way.

Thanks,
Dalai