[Bf-committers] Particle system / Material choice / implementation of do_versions : problem with preview.blend

trouble daemon troubledaemon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 14:46:42 CET 2013

Hi!

First of all, I love the idea of finally replacing silly numbers with
actual names of materials! Surely this has been a feature request of
everyone that uses blender since they were added :)

But what I question is why you would need a do_versions? Would it not make
more sense to leave the underlying value as a number, but just change the
display to be a looked up value from some py dict or enum or something?
This would allow it to "just work".

Anyways, forgive my ignorance as I am not aware of what the typical
approach to this would be in blender. And thanks again for working on this
type of number -> string mapping! :)

Dan