[Bf-committers] Multiview branch feedback

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 02:55:24 CEST 2013

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the nuke what-abouts.

That does sound like what we are doing. With the difference that once
the stream started as multiview, it has to end as multiview. And
whether the stream is multiview or not is determined by the "current
scene" multiview settings - this way if you want to work out of saved
EXRs you still need to set your "current scene" with "fake views" to
dictate what to do.

And again, this is inspired by the fact that other aspects of the
render are defined in the "current scene" (file output, file format,
FSA, ...). So I thought it was quite Blender-onic.

All the per-stream tweak can be accomplished with the "View Switch"
node. e.g., to set the convergence you can do:

http://dalaifelinto.com/ftp/tmp/multiview_convergence1.jpg
http://dalaifelinto.com/ftp/tmp/multiview_convergence2.jpg

Using the same logic you can apply pretty much any kind of treatment
per individual data stream.

So (in response to Adriano now), I'm still honestly not sold in the
need for a per renderlayer "view".

Cheers,
Dalai
--