[Bf-committers] Please turn off Auto Run Python Scripts by default

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Jun 6 11:00:46 CEST 2013

Hi Jace,

I am not talking about your use case. You should be able to code whatever you like.

However, when it comes to the binaries and software we release for everyone, I expect developers to accept some responsibilities here.

We try to keep up with a high standard for C/C++ developers for Blender, and same would go for Python scripts we bundle with, and especially for how we provide facilities for running scripts for users who don't code Python.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute