[Bf-committers] Please turn off Auto Run Python Scripts by default

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Jun 6 10:47:20 CEST 2013

Hi,

I think you give up too easily here. :) For example, we could also make a bpy.os module, and mark scripts that use this as 'trusted'. Scripts using the os.module itself then require a user to explicitly run it, or being embedded in a file marked trusted (own files etc).

This is not to forbid using os module, it's to not make such scripts run automatic.

The main issue would be first to sanitize our non-python writing code, make sure this goes more secured and controlled. Once that's in place, scripters can use that as well, and get free support for the features we use in Blender C code all over as well.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute