[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [44900] trunk/blender/release/scripts/ startup/bl_ui: Move brush tool/paint-mode from toolbar to brush menu.

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:56:14 CET 2013

Indeed, the system is a bit strange. you would expect that brushes are
tools, but they are not. They are a combination of tools and settings.
+1 for having the tools on menus but making the tool less accessible
than other options on the toolbar does not simplify the system
underneath. It hides it from a novice and is cumbersome for someone
who knows what he is doing, if he wants to switch tools (not a common
use case, true, but still). I would say that if the tool panel is
collapsed there's little cluttering there.

I queried about it mostly based on posts #285 and #287 here
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?264568-Dyntopo-tests/page15