[Bf-committers] Background gradient for 3D viewport

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 6 14:25:31 CET 2013

Hi,

I would suggest to handle this as two separate features.

1) Vertical backdrop gradient
- always same, for ortho or perspective
- in Theme control (with secondary color)
- figure out a way to gouraud-blend grid lines with this information, so they keep visible. (no new gradient setting for grids needed).

2) "Draw as render"
- use the World options to draw skies.
- all options (so also 'paper' and 'real sky')
- if textured, check on fast glsl options... (can be later too)

-Ton-