[Bf-committers] "make install" with only the relevant files?

gonderici at plecxus.com gonderici at plecxus.com
Tue Feb 19 00:44:59 CET 2013

Hi

When I compile and install(via make install) after some changes, it
seems like "make" is copying everything from scratch to the install
location. Does anyone know a way to make it copy/update only the newly
changes files in a way? It does not take a long time, but it would be
nice if I can cut down on this copying deleting, since I mostly use my
laptop for developing and cutting the battery usage is helpful.

I do not do much "make clean", since I iterate like everyone else. I
make my changes then use mingw32-make to compile and then install.

I used Cmake to create the mingw make files and the project under Win64.

thanks