[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes - December 15, 2013
blender at dingto.org
Sun Dec 15 16:35:18 CET 2013
Here the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders
1) Planning and targets for next 2.70 release
- We move to BCon2 in our schedule, bigger projects that will go in for 2.70 are known now.
- Target and planning list has been updated:
- Multithreaded Dependency Graph is reviewed and should be ready for merge soon.
- Merge of Game Engine LoD project is still unclear, needs to be reviewed (nexyon?)
2) Current projects
- Campbell Barton wants to finish the Toolbar Tab patch this week. http://developer.blender.org/D75
- Martijn Berger mentions progress on msvc 2012/2013 libs. He works on documentation and .bat scripts, to compile each library.
We will compile Blender 2.70 with MSVC 2008 still, and do the switch to MSVC 2012/2013 for Blender 2.71.
Warning: When we do the switch, Windows XP support most likely will be discontinued. As Blender 2.71 won't be released before May/June 2014, plenty of time to do an OS update.
More information about the Bf-committers