[Bf-committers] About AddAnEditor Tutorial

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Dec 12 18:16:03 CET 2013

Hi,

This tutorial is indeed almost certainly outdated. Best is to also
search for all places where some existing space is used. For example
look for "SpaceTime" and "SPACE_TIME" in the code, and go over all
those places to see if you need to add a similar piece of code for the
space you are adding.

The tutorial can be useful for understanding what is what, but with
code continually changing it's out of date quickly.

For the specific question, editortype_pup is no longer needed, it has
been replaced by an RNA enum. If your space is in space_type_items in
rna_space.c, it should show up in the menu.

Brecht.