[Bf-committers] Add-ons in Blender for commercial services

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 8 15:00:05 CEST 2013

I find it pretty sensible to ask a company that sells products and makes
benefits from it to contribute to Blender fund, if they want to use
Blender as a kind of support/communication tool (even though banners &
co would not be allowed).

Adding their addon into Blender release may attract new users to
Blender, but it will first of all attract new potential clients for
those companies!

This has nothing to see with addons that are simply adding features to
Blender, and which will (mostly) never give any (financial) benefits to
their coders.